Name of Scholarship: Mid Atlantic Section Scholarship
Amount of Scholarship: Up to $5,000.00
Application Receipt Deadline: February 28, 2023
Announcement Date: April 15, 2023
Description: Mid Atlantic Section of the 99s is committed to supporting and promoting pilots who are female in the continued pursuit of aeronautical skills, both professionally and recreationally.
Open to: Any Mid-Atlantic Ninety-Nine member seeking to regain currency, increase proficiency or add an additional rating, certificate, or endorsement by participating in a defined training activity, e.g. instrument training, multi-engine training, CFI, CFII, seaplane, tailwheel, aerobatics, etc.
Note: This scholarship is NOT available to student pilots for initial flight training in obtaining their private pilot certificate.
Please submit the following in a PDF and attachments (include your name on each document title):
An essay limited to 1000 words describing the applicant’s:
- Objectives in obtaining the scholarship – career and/or personal aviation goals.
- How the scholarship will be used to advance those goals. What challenges do you face without this scholarship?
- Any special qualifications/experiences you may have to pursue these goals.
- Aviation related activities in which you have participated (including employment), and what it means to you.
- Any obstacles you have had to overcome to start or continue flying.
- How you would contribute to the Ninety-Nines and to the aviation community in general. Please emphasize what this training would mean to you and how you plan to “pay it forward” by returning value to the aviation community.
Any supporting documentation you deem important, such as:
- Evidence of passing written or practical test, if applicable.
- Current flight medical/BFR or other pertinent training
- Last page or more of logbook
- Reference letter from flight instructor/other.
- TOTAL cost of flight training requested and how you will pay for the additional cost of training not covered by the scholarship (make it clear that there are sufficient funds from other sources to complete the training or course of study within one year). Financial need is not a requirement but is an evaluation factor (tie-breaker).
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s chapter chair to verify member’s activity level and participation in chapter activities.
- Applicant must be a member of the Mid-Atlantic Section of The Ninety-Nines.
- Applicant must be a current member (in good standing) of The Ninety-Nines, Inc.
- Scholarship must be used for training within one year.
- Scholarship will be awarded based on the qualifications of the applicant.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the appropriate training FBO or training organization.
- Invoices shall be submitted to the Treasurer of the Mid Atlantic Scholarship of The Ninety-Nines.
- The Mid-Atlantic Section of The Ninety-Nines Scholarship Committee may request additional information or documentation.
Name of Group Offering Scholarship: Mid Atlantic Section of The Ninety-Nines
Contact Information – Name & Position: Laura Savino, Mid Atlantic Scholarship Committee Chairman
Please send your application as a PDF document with attachments to Laura Savino at: BigPlanet747@gmail.com