The Mid-Atlantic Ninety-Nines, Inc. is comprised of women aviators from five states, one district and thirteen chapters. We reside in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia. We have the following chapters: Delaware, Eastern PA, Greater Pittsburgh, Hampton Roads, Keystone, Old Dominion, Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, Sugarloaf, Washington, D.C., Mountaineer, Maryland, and West Virginia.
When you join The Ninety-Nines and you have these membership benefits available to you.
- Experience: Members of The 99s have histories and achievements flying every type of aircraft, from the space shuttle to taildraggers. Whether it’s career flying, air racing, soaring, aerobatics, or ballooning – you name it, there’s a 99 doing it!
- Scholarships: Each year The 99s award Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarships to qualified members, with over 400 winners to date. The Ninety-Nines’ sustained commitment to scholarships for women pilots has resulted in over one million dollars invested in the Fund. Many chapters and sections provide additional scholarships to women pilots.
- Resources for career pilots: The Careers Committee sponsors projects for members in pilot professions.
- 99s Magazine and website: Two sources of news about women pilots and our activities around the world.
- 99s Membership Directory: Find women pilot friends worldwide in our online directory.
- Camaraderie: We’ve been through the same trials and tribulations when trying to learn to fly, achieving advanced ratings, and advancing our careers. Share your concerns and take advantage of our knowledge and experience.
It’s easy to join The 99s as a Licensed Pilot or a Student Pilot.
Each year The 99s award Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarships to qualified members. The Ninety-Nines’ sustained commitment to scholarships for women pilots has resulted in over one million dollars invested in the Fund.
Scholarship information from Ninety-Nines National and local chapters are added as they occur. Check our scholarship information page regularly for updates.